Choosing a floatie for your little one can be a challenge since there are tons of things that you need to factor in before making a call. However, if you already know the basics of what the best floatie should have, you certainly won’t have a hard time spotting the perfect pick once you come across it. With so many great baby swimming floats, however, wading through all of your options can be overwhelming.
So to help you out, we’ve rounded up 15 of the most popular options in the market today. With our list, we can help you streamline your search and narrow down your options so you can find the perfect item for your little one faster. Check out our picks below.
Top Best Baby Swimming Floats Reviews in 2019:
15. Peradix Baby Float for Pool with Canopy Inflatable Infant Pool Float Boat
The Peradix Baby Float for Pool with Canopy Inflatable Infant Pool Float Boat packs a lot of fun and functional elements in one exciting package. This boat-style item will let your little one chill on the water in two different ways while protecting them from the harsh UV rays.
Suitable for babies from 3 months to 3 years of age, the seating is nicely sized to accommodate growing babies. The sunshade is also removable, so you can configure it whichever way you need it to be. It even has a cute steering wheel and gender-neutral design, so it can be perfect for all of your tiny tots.
- Designed with lots of functional features.
- Made of high-quality materials.
- Attractive design.
- Stiff air valve effectively traps air in but also makes it tricky to inflate.
14. SwimSchool Angel-The-Fish Fabric Baby Boat, Splash & Play
The SwimSchool Angel-the-Fish Fabric Baby Boat, Splash & Play is another magnificent option for parents who want to take their little ones to have some fun in the water. Made for infants aged 6 to 24 months, it offers a number of great features that will ensure your baby’s comfort and safety.
One of its most appealing features is its adjustable seat. This promises that the floatie will grow with your little one and securely hold them in place while in the water. The UPF50 retractable canopy adds a nice touch, too.
- Attractive and fun design
- Adjustable seat to help secure your baby inside the float
- UPF50 canopy ensures ample sun protection
- Some reports of quality issues
13. HANTAJANSS Baby Float Inflatable Swimming Ring Pool Raft
If you want to help your baby get used to the swimming position, the Hantajanss Baby Float Inflatable Swimming Ring Pool Raft would be a great choice for you. It’s designed to be worn across the chest of your little one so they will assume a good swimming position while on this floating device.
Aside from its design, this baby float is also made of environmentally-friendly PVC. So if you want to make sure to only use green products, this can be a solid pick.
- Designed to securely keep the floatie attached to your baby.
- Made of eco-friendly material.
- Will help train babies to swim.
- Available in various sizes that suit kids from 3 to 24 months.
- Can deflate easily.
12. XYX. Baby Pool Float, Baby Swim Float
Want to give your baby all the best things in life? Start by buying them a race car in the form of the XYX Baby Pool Float. This car-themed floatie is both quirky and functional, making it an excellent choice for a lot of families.
Designed to keep your baby safe, entertained, and comfortable while in the water, this item also features a large safety seat, a backrest, and a steering wheel. It’s made for kids aged 6 months to 3 years so you can also use it for quite a while.
- Fun design that will suit kids of all genders.
- Made of eco-friendly PVC.
- Solid construction.
- Can be a bit too big for some kids under the age of 1.
11. Intex My Baby Float
If you’re looking for something that you can easily bring on a holiday with you, the Intex My Baby Float might just do the trick. This item might be very basic but it’s nicely designed and easy to pack so it could be the perfect addition to your baby’s luggage.
It also doesn’t hurt that it’s extremely affordable. It might not be as cute and flashy as the others on this list but it’s a totally practical choice.
- Stable and will not cause positional issues for your baby.
- Solid construction.
- Fits babies of varying sizes nicely.
- Some parents think that the seat is too deep.
- No sunshade.
10. VQ-Ant Upgrade 3rd Generation Baby Solid Swimming Float
Looking for an alternative to inflatable floatation devices? The VQ-Ant Upgrade 3rd Generation Baby Solid Swimming Float is something you should check out then. Made with pearl foam with a cotton fabric covering, you don’t need to worry about air leakage and reinflating this floatie. Suitable for babies aged 3 to 24 months, it’s also meant to help your child get used to two different swimming positions (backstroke and breaststroke).
- Designed to promote proper swimming posture in babies.
- You can position your baby in two ways: for breaststroke or for backstroke.
- Comes with a removable canopy.
- A bit pricey.
9. punada Baby Pool Float with Canopy Inflatable Swimming Floats for Kids
Another fun and cute option that you can get is the punada Baby Pool Float with Canopy Inflatable Swimming Floats for Kids. This item also features a car-themed design, ensuring that your baby will look absolutely adorable in their ride.
- Nicely designed removable canopy.
- Durable construction and materials.
- Cute design.
- Can be a bit too big for some babies.
8. V Convey Upgraded Baby Infant Soft Solid Non-Inflatable Mambobaby Float
The V Convey Upgraded Baby Infant Soft Solid Non-Inflatable Mambobaby Float is another non-inflatable option you can go for if you’re looking for a floatie that’s fuss-free to maintain and will help train your small child to swim. Suitable for kids aged 3 to 24 months, this might just be the very item your baby needs.
- Well thought out design.
- Doesn’t require reinflating.
- Durable construction.
- Some reports of issues with the strap button.
7. Emma + Ollie Baby Inflatable Baby Swimming Float Ring
If you would prefer an inflatable version of the foam floaties listed above, check out the Emma + Ollie Baby Inflatable Baby Swimming Float Ring. This item is not just designed to help your baby get used to the swimming positions they’ll assume when they start learning how to swim but it’s also made to be safe. It’s also very stylish, making it a great pick for parents who are going for a specific aesthetic.
- Beautiful stylish design.
- Will help train your baby to get used to a swimming position.
- Built for safety.
- No instructions included so it can be a bit confusing to put on.
6. Delicacy Baby Swimming Float
You can also opt for the Delicacy Baby Swimming Float if you liked the item listed above. This item tends to look a bit more similar to the non-inflatable options above so it might prove to be a more secure option for some parents.
- Comes with various safety features.
- Solid construction.
- Will help your baby get used to different swimming positions.
- A bit pricey.
5. iGeeKid Baby Swimming Ring Floats with Safety Seat
Suitable for small babies, the iGeeKid Baby Swimming Ring Floats with Safety Seat is also worth looking into. With its dual tube design, it’s said to be suitable for babies aged 6 to 24 months as you can easily adjust it to fit your little one. It also has a briefs-style seat so it can be a bit more comfortable for infants to use.
- Adjustable design promises a good fit.
- Cute design.
- Nicely balanced.
- Not wide enough for some babies.
4. Preself Baby Solid Float Ring 2
An additional option for the non-inflatable variety is the Preself Baby Solid Float Ring 2. Like the similar items above, it’s made of pearl foam with cotton fabric covering, making it a fuss-free option. However, it has a more sophisticated strapping design which makes it a more attractive option for many.
- Functional design eliminates the need for inflation.
- More secure strapping system.
- Will help your baby get used to swimming positions.
- Can be a bit complicated to put in and take the baby out.
3. Swimways Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy
Combining a spring structure with inflatable parts, the Swimways Baby Spring Float Sun Canopy is quite an interesting option that’s worth considering. It’s lightweight, extremely portable, and very easy to inflate. It also comes with an SPF 50 canopy to help better protect your baby from the harsh UV rays.
- Interesting design.
- Very quick and easy to set up.
- Wide flat area can prevent flipping.
- Seat is a bit deep so it might be too big for some small kids.
2. Free Swimming Baby Inflatable Baby Swimming Float Ring Children Waist Float Ring
If you want to give your child more mobility in the water, the Free Swimming Baby Inflatable Baby Swimming Float Ring Children Waist Float Ring is an option you should check out. This floatation device will also let your baby get used to a swimming position so they can ease into learning how to swim after a while.
- Sturdy and durable design and construction.
- Available in 3 sizes to fit babies aged 3 to 36 months.
- Some find it tricky to put on and take off.
1. SwimWays Baby Spring Float Activity Center with Canopy
Last but not least is SwimWays Baby Spring Float Activity Center with Canopy. This item offers everything your baby will need while in the water. It’s comfortable, effective, and even includes a playmate and a few toys for your little one.
- Includes a few toys to keep your baby entertained.
- Very cute design.
- Wide sides prevent tipping.
- Can be a bit tricky to set up.