Last updated: 05 March 2020
Carbon fiber hard hats are used to protect the head from unsafe debris during road or building construction projects, electrical projects, mining or chemical plants. They look like hard hats but are more durable, lightweight and expensive due to the extra materials, such as hydro dip, that they are manufactured with. That way, they won’t be as easily broken in case something dangerous falls. They are also designed to withstand up to 2200 volts if an electrical repair job goes wrong.
Best Carbon Fiber Hard Hats (2020):
10. HDPE- Hydro Dipped Full Brim Carbon Fiber Hard Hat
- This HDPE is actually a subtle blood red color because it’s hydro dripped in red and made of plastic. It also comes with a silver brim.
- Designed to encourage cool air flow and keep the rain off of the back of the neck. It’s also equipped with a fas-track ratchet style.
- It’s a Type 1 Class C and meets all of the type 1 requirements. The webbing is standard MSA and NSI.
- Weighs 1.17 pounds.
It’s received a mix of reviews. These carbon fiber hard hats have been many compliments about its color and its easy adjustment. Those seem to be its main features. However, there have been some complaints that it feels heavy and that it lacks suspension replacements.
9. CJ Safety Full Brim Fiber Glass Hard Hat with Fas-Trac Suspension
- As its name suggests, it’s primarily made of fiberglass. It weighs only one pound and two ounces. This seems to be its main feature.
- It comes in four colors: black, grey, gold and white.
- It comes with four-point adjustability and a ratchet-style suspension, a soft and replaceable brow pad, and replaceable headbands. However, the vents are not adjustable. The chin strap, on the other hand, is replaceable.
- Meets ANSI (American National Standards Institute) Z89.1, Type 1 and Class C standards.
- The full brim is designed to fully shield against falling debris.
It has received mostly positive but still a good mix of compliments. A good majority have mentioned that it’s comfortable and that they can feel the lightweight. Many say that it fits well and that it’s easy to adjust. However, it does not seem to be designed for oil fields as there has been at least one complaint that it doesn’t provide the proper ventilation or headband material for it.
8. Carbon-Aramid Fiber Hard Hat ANSI-ISEA Certified
- Made of the same stuff that’s used in the military and aerospace projects. It contains a combination of carbon fiber and aramid.
- Comes with an eight-point adjustable up to 63 centimeters headband suspension with a knob-like close.
- Designed to fit lower on your head to make working in tight spaces easier.
- Weigh 10.8-11 ounces, however, this not listed officially. it is designed to prevent head and neck strain. It’s ANSI/ISEA Z89.1 certified, Type 1, Class C. The weight seems to be its best feature.
It has received a total of 11 reviews so far and only six are U.S.-based. They are all 5 out of 5 stars. It has received the most compliments for being lightweight and having a snug fit. The only criticism so far is that it’s been known to chip slightly if it’s dropped.
7. RIDGEROCK Full Brim Hard Hat Safety Helmet
- It comes with an HDPE full brim. It is designed to be easy to remove when you still have your gloves on.
- The sweatband is washable and the chin strap is easily adjustable.
- Weighs one pound, six ounces. It has a six multi-point suspension and an EZ lock adjustable ratchet design. The soft clothe x straps make for a comfortable fit.
- Designed to shield from the rain and sun. It is designed to withstand electrical, industrial and utility projects. You can also easily put your company’s logo sticker on it. As a result, the brim seems to be its main feature.
- Meets both OSHA and ANSI Z89.1 standards as well as Class C and Type 1.
Over 80 percent of the reviews that this has received up to this point has received five out of five stars. It has received compliments on everything from affordability to serving drydocks. However, there have been some complaints about the adjustability and a lack of offers for replacement bands.
6. ACERPAL Full Brim Pyramex Carbon Fiber Hard Hat
- It comes in several different colors from pink to white.
- Weighs slightly less than one pound at 13.8 ounces and has up to a four millimeter thickness.
- Is ANSI-Z89.1, Type 1, Classes E, G, and C
- Ratchet suspension is designed to be easy to adjust.
- Has low center gravity for the rear padded suspension. It comes with six-position harness points for neck comfort and you can easily move it up, down, forward and backward. This seems to be its best feature.
- The sweatband is replaceable. The polyurethane and padded fabric provide nice breathing room for full-time work.
This has received almost 80 percent of five out of five stars. It has especially been complimented for comfort, the goodness of fit, ease of adjustment, doing well with electrical projects and oil fields. There have been a few complaints that some have arrived with a four- instead of a six-part suspension.
5. ACERPAL Adjustable Full Brim Hard Hat Safety Helmet
- It comes in several colors from red to white.
- Weighs 13.3 ounces and comes with a soft replaceable brow pad.
- Meets ANSI Z89.1, Type 1 and Classes E, C and G. It also comes with a three-year money-back guarantee in your full purchase amount.
- Fits head sizes six and a half to eight inches and its headband can adjust up to 26 and a half inches. This seems to be its best feature.
So far, this has received a 78 percent five out of five stars. It has received compliments on holding very well in emergency response situations, for successfully shielding against the rain, the ratchet adjustment, and vents. However, there have been some complaints that it doesn’t hold headlamp clips very well and that it sits too low on some heads. One disadvantage is that it comes with only a four-point suspension.
4. MSA 475407 Natural Tan Skullgard Carbon Hard Hat
- This is made for electrical environments. It is a Class G and made to withstand temperatures of up to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit and up to 2,200 volts. It also fits ANSI Z89.1. So this is its most useful feature.
- They are designed to fit heads that are between six and a half to eight inches. It weighs 24.1 ounces.
- One neat thing about it-it darkens over time. It’s primarily made of polyresin and fiberglass.
It has received a mix of reviews. It has received a lot of compliments for not sitting too high on the head, comfort, withstanding up to nine pounds of falling concrete, and to also be good in plumbing jobs. However, it has received a lot of criticism for missing features, especially the suspension and the brim cracking.
3. DAX Carbon Fiber hard Hat – Full Brim Matte Black
- It comes in several colors from light brown to white. Also, it weighs between 17 ounces to exactly one pound. It meets ANSI Z89.1, Type 1 and Class C.
- A couple of its other main ingredients are fiberglass, clarion synthetic leather, and EVA foam to prevent shock to the head. It also comes with a moisture wicking foam back to prevent perspiration build-up. The crown also has a triple reinforcement. These seem to be its main features.
- Its six-point suspension is at the top of the feature list.
- Unfortunately, it does not come with headlamp attachments so something like sticky backs or s-shaped wires is needed for that.
It has received 74 percent five out of five stars. It is said to fit comfortably in large heads, it doesn’t scratch easily and the synthetic leather and carbon are very resistant to debris. There have been a few complaints about it sitting too low on the brow, about the suspension system and the latches not staying.
2. Pyramex Ridgeline Full Brim Carbon Fiber Hard Hat, Matte Black Pattern
- It meets ANSI Z89.1, Classes E, C and G, Type 1. Depending on the material, it weighs between 7.6 and 13.9 ounces.
- It’s most highlighted feature is that its four-point suspension can be converted to a six-point. It is extremely easy to adjust.
- Replaceable soft brow and headbands are also available.
- It comes in seven totally different colors from yellow to graphite black.
At this point, it has received 82 percent five out of five stars. It has received a lot of compliments on comfort, for shielding against any falls, durability, easy adjustment, and stylishness. Full-time workers and even those who work double shifts have said that The comfort holds up well during the long hours.
One disadvantage, though, is that if you have long hair, it tends to pinch on it. As a result, it’s advisable to pull your hair back or put it up while you’re wearing it. The paint also tends to melt in high heat. However, it is overall very good with construction projects and hobbies such as woodwork.
1. Lift Safety DAX Fifty 50 Carbon Fiber Full Brim Hardhat (Yellow)
- It weighs 1.7 pounds, 550 grams with suspension and 425 without. It also provides a six-point suspension for maximum comfort. This seems to be its best feature.
- Comes in a yellow, orange and white front with a black back.
- Comes with a brim grip, reinforced crown, a synthetic leather dome, and an EVA foam insert. It also comes with a moisture wicking foam to prevent perspiration build-up.
- Meets ANSI Z89.1, Type 1 and Class C.
This has received a 76 percent five out of five stars up to this point. It has been complimented for its comfort but unfortunately, most of them haven’t been very specific. However, it has been criticized for not feeling super lightweight, being too expensive, odd strap fittings, the paint chipping and fading to a different color over time.