For those with a love of the water, there’s nothing better than the best RC boats. These toys can be a lot of fun for summer breaks near a lake or on the beach. You can even have fun the whole year round if you have a pool at home. Unlike RC airplanes and helicopters, these RC boats tend to last a lot longer, since you don’t have to risk crashing to ground each time.
Of course, your RC boat will be a lot more fun and will last longer if you make sure they’re among the best RC boats 2019 can offer. Here are the top 10 boats you need to look at:
The 10 Best RC Boats to Buy in 2019:
1: Feilun RC Racing Boat FT012
This is the upgraded version of their highly regarded FT009 boat, and this is RTR (ready to run). There’s no assembly required, and all you need to add to it are the 6 AA batteries for the transmitter. This already has the rechargeable batteries for the boat itself.
This lets you control the boat up to 100 to 150 meters out, and it goes a lot faster than you might expect. This can go up to 45 kph, and it has the Electronic Speed Control system that protects the boat from voltage and current issues. It also has an alarm to tell you to get the boat home so you don’t run out of juice while it’s still far in the water.
- Extremely maneuverable
- Automatically rights itself when it flips over
- The fun only lasts for 6 minutes before you need to recharge
- Recharging can take up to 2.5 hours
2: SZJJX RC Boat 2.4Ghz
This is a more relaxed boat, as it goes only 20 kph. But it’s great fun for kids, as they can go left and right and even backwards as well. The transmitter can reach up to 150 meters out and has an LCD screen for better control, plus you can use it to control more than 1 boat at the same time.
- Perfect speed and size for swimming pools
- Can do sharp turns
- Automatically flips to right itself
- Tough hull
- Low power alarm
- Built-in water sensor starts the fun only when there’s water around
- Waterproof cover for internal parts
- Can do only 7 to 8 minutes at a time
- Recharging can take more than 2 hours
3: NTEY RC Boats for Kids & Adult – H102
This is a bestselling RC boat and it’s easy to see why. It can do more than 20 mph, and it turns very smoothly while it also has an autoflip function. The waterproofing is superb, and it’s tough enough that you get 24-month warranty. If there’s a product defect, you get a free replacement.
- This has an extra rechargeable battery, and each one gives you 10 minutes of RC fun
- Motor only runs when there’s water around
- Smooth sailing due to automatic navigation rudder corrections
- Auto alarm sounds if you’re near to losing power or you’re about to exceed the 150-meter RC range
- Comes with lots of accessories like dry dock stand
- You have to buy your own batteries for the transmitter
4: Gizmovine RC Boat Pool Toys High Speed (20 MPH+) 2019 Version (H102)
RC boats can be a lot of fun, so it’s frustrating when the batteries only last a few minutes before you need to get the boat back to land. Here that’s not really a problem. You get to rechargeable batteries, and each one lasts 15 to 20 minutes!
- Fun for a long time
- Self-righting hull with automatic cooling system and water-sensing mode
- LCD transmitter sounds an alarm in case of low battery power
- Up to 20 mph speed
- Not totally waterproof, though not really something to worry about
5: Yizi Udi001 Venom Fast RC Boat
This one gives you a realistic-seeming throttle controls, unlike other transmitters with controls that make it feel like you’re playing with a game console. The controls are therefore intuitive, while the transmitter warns you if your boat is running out of juice.
- Quite fast
- Nicely waterproof
- You have 2 rechargeable batteries with each one giving you 8 minutes of fun
- Terrific controls
- Not for salt water, so it’s not for the beach
6: ANTAPRCIS 25km/h RC Boat
This is a nice fast boat that delights in showing off just how agile it can be on the water. It can do 180-degree flips with precise finetuned controls, and you have automatic yaw correction as well. It can go in reverse as well.
- Very maneuverable
- Quite fast
- Water-resistant double shell
- Capsize recovery protection
- Low battery warning
- Comes with a stand
- There doesn’t seem to be any warranty
7: FUNTECH Remote Control Boat
Now this can go up to 30 kph, with intuitive controls and lots of safety features. These safety features include waterproofing with water cooling, low battery alarms, and protection against over-charge and over-discharge. This also has a 12-month warranty.
- Quite durable
- Can go up to 15 minutes at a time
- Comes with display stand
- Doesn’t go in reverse
8: UD Upgraded RC Boat
This is a bit more expensive than the others, but then you get a lot of fun perks. These start with the larger brushless motor, which can get you over 30 kph on the water when you’re racing. If this boat flips, it will right itself automatically. It’s waterproof, and the alarm sounds when you’re running out of battery juice, if the boat is exceeding the 100-meter range, or if you’re having signal issues.
- Useful alarm
- Can go quite fast
- Looks great
- Very durable
- You only get 8 minutes of fun, while the recharging takes more than 3 hours
9: VOLANTEXRC Remote Control Boat Claymore for Pools and Lakes
The catamaran-like design on this RC boat is certainly eye-catching, but that design also helps it reach up to 30 kph. It’s still quite easy to control even for kids, and it rights itself if you flip it over. This is entirely waterproof, and its water-cooling function keeps the motor from overheating.
- Ready to run
- Self-right automatic rollback
- Low battery alarm
- Goes for only 8 minutes
- Doesn’t go in reverse
10: Altair AA Aqua Fast
This also comes with 2 batteries, with each one giving you 15 minutes of fun. That should be less frustrating than other boats that force you to return it back after only 6 minutes or so. This is great for kid as it’s designed for minimum stress. It’s entirely waterproof, it automatically flips back when it turns over, and it can go up to 30 kph. There’s even a water sensor that keeps the propeller from turning unless there’s water around. You have everything you need to have fun without worrying too much.
- Very easy to use even for kids
- Ready to run with no need for assembly
- Auto flip over
- Alarm sounds when battery goes low or when the boat goes out of transmitter range
- 2 batteries for 30 minutes of fun
- A bit more expensive than the others
The best RC boats are undoubtedly fun to play with, and it’s not uncommon for those who love the water to become enamored with these toys. These aren’t just for kids after all. Just make sure you pick among the best, so you can maximize your fun and avoid any Titanic-level disasters!