Table of Contents
- 1: NiGHT LiONS TECH WL Large V912 4CH Single Blade Remote Control RC Helicopter with Gyro RTF
- 2: WLtoys Large V912 4CH Single Blade RC Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro RTF
- 3: WL 4-CH 2.4GHz mini RC helicopter RTF
- 4: Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
- 5: Academy 12127 1:35 Scale USMC US Marine Corps AH-1A Shark Mouth Plamodel Plastic Hobby Model Helicopter Airplane Kit Toy
- 6: Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
- 7: Tenergy Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
- 8: Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
- 9: Syma S107H Aircraft with Altitude Hold
- 10: Vatos S880 RC Helicopter
- 11: JJRC JX01 Helicopter
- 12: GPTOYS G610 11″
- 13: Cheerwing S107/S107G Phantom 3CH 3.5 Channel Mini RC Helicopter with Gyro
- 14: Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Radio Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro – Green
- 15: Excoup 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter
Who says the best RC toys have to be expensive? Find out how much fun you can get with the best RC helicopters under $100!
If you’ve been doing your research on RC choppers, you may have stumbled upon excellent models that cost more than $200 and some even go past $500. However, you may also have discovered that you can enjoy yourself and save a lot of money simply by sticking to the best RC helicopters under $100. Here are some of the best examples of how cheap RC helicopters can still offer terrific quality:
TOP Best RC Helicopters under $100 in 2020:
1: NiGHT LiONS TECH WL Large V912 4CH Single Blade Remote Control RC Helicopter with Gyro RTF
The RTF in the name is quite reassuring, as it means it’s “ready to fly” without too much assembly effort on your part. Now its price may not go into the 3-digit range, but its design and parts are not really cheap at all. The parts made of plastic are made very precisely and tightly to make sure the entire thing is stable.
Now crashes may be inevitable, but this can probably endure better than other brands. This comes with an aluminum frame, which is both lightweight and strong. The landing skids are very thick, so it can take a lot of impact force. Even the teeth in the main gear are quite thick, so they won’t break down easily.
- 150 meters for RC range
- Charging the battery takes only an hour
- Tough parts
- Easy to fly even for beginners
- A full battery charge gives you only 8 minutes of flight time
2: WLtoys Large V912 4CH Single Blade RC Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro RTF
Your money gives you a very nice chopper with a built-in battery, along with a transmitter for which you have to buy 4 AA batteries on your own. This has a low setting that’s less responsive, but gives you a bit longer flight time. But you can also try out the high setting once you’ve gained a bit more experience.
It’s a lot of fun, though the flight time can last about just 7 minutes or so. You may want to take it down in 6 minutes, because you risk just having it fall from the sky once the battery juice runs out.
- Great controls
- Variable response settings
- Very durable
- Only an hour to recharge
- Short flight time
3: WL 4-CH 2.4GHz mini RC helicopter RTF
This is extremely affordable, and at this price range it’s hard not to think of this as a toy for kids. But it’s a fun toy even for adults as well. The built-in gyro helps in its flight even if you’re a newbie, and it’s quite lightweight. It can be very steady, yet if you’re feeling adventurous you can make seem like an agile creature. Unlike other aerial RCs, this can deal with a bit of strong wind up to wind grade 4.
This has an RC range of about 100 meters, with a fly height of 50 meters. The RC unit has an LCD display for easier use.
- Only half an hour for recharging
- Can deal with strong wind
- Both agile and steady
- Extremely tough
- Flight time is only 5 minutes
4: Syma S109G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
Lots of guys love this, and to start with it looks like a proper military chopper that’s meant for combat. It looks good during the day, and at night it still looks fun due to the bright LED lights. Now this may be meant for mainly indoor use since the flying distance is just 8 meters, but you may want to try it outdoors nonetheless. It’s very easy to fly with the 3-axis gyroscope.
- Looks tough and combat-ready
- Great for beginners
- Uses tough ABS with a flexible propeller
- Very responsive throttle
- No assembly required
- Flight time 5 to 8 minutes
5: Academy 12127 1:35 Scale USMC US Marine Corps AH-1A Shark Mouth Plamodel Plastic Hobby Model Helicopter Airplane Kit Toy
For some folks, it’s not about flying a chopper. It’s more about having a superbly accurate miniature chopper that looks cool and a ton of fun to put together. If that’s wanted, then this may be what you’re looking for. This is a miniature helicopter done perfectly to a 1:35 scale.
To be more specific, this is the iconic US Marine Corps A-1 attack helicopter. It’s not exactly a mere transport vehicle, as it’s armed with machine guns and missiles. Your job won’t be to fly it but to put it together. That can be a challenge since the paint and glue don’t come with the purchase.
- Perfect scale
- Lots of intricate details
- Great challenge to color and to put together
- Cool chopper
- Isn’t actually an RC helicopter
6: Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
This is one of the hands-down bestsellers in the RC industry, for many good reasons. One of them is the ridiculously low price—it can qualify as the best RC chopper under $20. For that price, you’d think you’d be able to get only the rechargeable battery and not the whole thing.
What’s more, this small helicopter is a pleasure to fly and a tough little bugger to boot. It can even fly up to 10 minutes at a time while you only need 20 to 25 minutes to recharge.
- Extremely affordable
- Looks cute
- Actually tough
- Easy to fly even for kids
- The infrared limitations make it best for indoor use only
7: Tenergy Syma S107/S107G R/C Helicopter
This is only 7.5 inches long, but that makes it better for indoor use. It’s ready to fly once you get it delivered, and the gyroscope tech it has makes it easy to fly for beginners. It even looks great.
- Easy for newbies
- Extremely affordable
- Can fly for 12 minutes at a time
- Recharging only takes 25 minutes
- Can crash with nothing breaking
- Better for indoors rather than outdoors
8: Syma S111G 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter with Gyro
Maybe it’s unfair to put in so many of these tiny fantastic Syma RC choppers on this list. But it’s only fair, because these are different models. Still, they all have the same basic features that make them so popular. You have 3-axis controls, stable flights, and an incredibly low price.
- Extremely well-made for the price
- Easy even for beginners
- Comes with USB charger
- The recharge does take 40 minutes
- Mainly for indoor use due to 8-meter RC range
9: Syma S107H Aircraft with Altitude Hold
This is actually a few dollars more expensive, though it’s still extremely affordable. That’s because this has several convenient features that newbies will absolutely appreciate. One of these is the 1-key takeoff and landing, which sets the chopper to automatically hover after taking off. It also locks at a particular height when the throttle is released. There’s an emergency stop as well.
- Lots of special features for easy flying
- Tough little chopper
- Very safe even for kids
- Batteries not included
10: Vatos S880 RC Helicopter
This is also quite affordable, even though it’s not a Syma. But it offers a very stable flight for up to 8 minutes at a time. The metal frame can handle crashes, while the soft rotor blade automatically stops when it’s stuck.
- Ready to fly right out of the box—even the battery is already charged
- Charges with USB cable, so bring a portable charger
- Very easy for newbies and kids
- Has multicolor LEDs
- Better indoors as it may not deal well with strong winds
11: JJRC JX01 Helicopter
Kids and newbies will love this, since it has features that make it easier to fly. Here you have the 1-key takeoff and landing, the altitude-hold when releasing the throttle, and the expected gyroscope functions for stability. There’s an emergency stop as well.
- Made of crash-resistant materials
- Flight can last up to 12 minutes
- Lots of convenient flying features
- doesn’t deal well with a moderate breeze
12: GPTOYS G610 11″
This is thankfully bigger so it’s better able to deal with outdoor winds. The range is 15 meters, and the flight can last for 8 minutes or so. You have smooth control over all directions, and the lights make it fun to watch at night.
- You can even control 3 choppers at once
- USB charging
- Auto-stabilizing rotors
- 8 minutes of flight with 50 minutes of recharging
13: Cheerwing S107/S107G Phantom 3CH 3.5 Channel Mini RC Helicopter with Gyro
This can challenge the Syma in value for money, as it offers the same terrific features at a similar price point. It offers easy stable flights with tough materials that can deal with crashes.
- Easy to learn
- Very tough
- Looks great
- Flights can last only about 6 minutes, but you need an hour to recharge
14: Syma S107G 3 Channel RC Radio Remote Control Helicopter with Gyro – Green
Yep, it’s another cute little Syma that you can fly very easily. What’s different about this particular model is that it’s very easy on the eyes with its shiny green color. You can focus on this more easily, plus impress a lot more of your neighbors.
- Extremely affordable
- Easy to fly
- Not really able to deal with strong winds
15: Excoup 3.5 Channel RC Helicopter
This at least lass for 12 minutes, though the fun you have can make it seem like time just zipped by. It’s easy to fly though it’s better for indoor use, and it’s quite tough. Surprisingly, the customer support is terrific as you can get free spare parts if it gets damaged after a crash.
- Excellent customer support
- 12-minute flight
- USB charging
- Free spare parts
- Best for indoor use
- 6 AA batteries for controller not included
You have to accept the fact that crashes are inevitable with RC choppers. That’s why it can be so heartbreaking when you crash an extremely expensive RC helicopter. At least with the best RC helicopters under $100, you still have a lot of fun and you won’t feel as bad if you crash your chopper. Besides, these are often so tough that even crashes won’t stop them from flying again right away!