Table of Contents
- 1. CORSAIR Carbide SPEC-Omega
- 2. NZXT H510i – CA-H510i-BR
- 3. Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition
- 4. CORSAIR CRYSTAL 280X RGB
- 5. Cooler Master MCY-B5P2-KWGN-01 MasterBox Pro 5 RGB
- 6. Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
- 7. Cooler Master MCM-H500-IGNN-S00 MasterCase
- 8. CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 1000D Super-Tower Case
- 9. LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition Black Tempered Glass
- 10. Thermaltake Tower 900 Black Edition Tempered Glass
Last updated: 08 March 2020
Are you looking for tempered glass PC cases? Whether you’re looking to upgrade or build from the ground up, there are a lot of choices. This guide will narrow down some of the better ones in the computer industry. There is something for everyone, with a major way to make your individuality stand out the most.
Top 3 Best Tempered Glass PC Cases (2020):
1. CORSAIR Carbide SPEC-Omega
Corsair always provides a new update to its line of computer products that improve on the old model. The Carbide SPEC-Omega is no different and is one of the best ideas in a while. Created in 2018, this mid-tower takes a lot of its best features from larger tempered PC cases. The LED lighting is built-in and should take a lot of pressure off of new builders. The price is fair, so that alone should make this a prioritized purchase for most consumers. AMD users, in particular, will find the red version of this model to look fantastic for their build.
Available colors: Black-White, Black-Red, Black-Gray, and Black-White. Tempered glass on the front and side panels. The LED lighting is built-in on the cooling fan and computer with no additional installation needed. Includes two Corsair branded 120mm fans that can also be used as replacement AIO fans. Cable management works with old or new setups. No doubt, the CORSAIR Carbide case is the best tempered glass PC case for 2020.
- Fantastic look that is available in multiple colors for themed builds
- Corsair quality has been trusted for years
- Great customer support – Corsair makes other computer components so are aware of common build issues
- High tier steel material that will last several builds
- Does not include a shroud for the PSU
2. NZXT H510i – CA-H510i-BR
Part of NZXT’s new lineup favors compact builds, but it doesn’t take away from the general aesthetic. Unlike the Corsair choice that just shows up in a Lamborghini, the NZXT H series is more of a Cadillac. The integrated RGB lighting is good but less noticeable. And the curves and smoothness of the case make it look like a giant PSU. This isn’t necessarily a bad thing, especially if you’re going for the more lowkey look instead of trying to light up a Christmas tree. When builders want to keep things simple, the H510i is a solid purchase to make.
Available colors: Black, White, Black-Red, White-Black, Black-Blue, and Orange-Black-White. All steel construction. The tempered glass panel that is resistant to scratches. Produces positive airflow with a patented cable management system and optimized storage layouts. Ready for water cooling setups, both customizable and AIO. Heavy, durable and can take some punishment. It comes with 2 120mm fans.
- The overwatch edition is one of the better themed tempered glass PC cases on the market
- Can be built around a lot of fan installs, including a top 140mm size
- USB 3.1 compatible USB-connector on the front panel
- Smart Device V2 for better control of RGB lighting channels
- Looks ‘cleaner’, but also more basic to the other choices on the list
3. Thermaltake Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition
There are few companies that make better PSU’s than Thermaltake. Some would argue that this same preference extends over to the tempered glass PC cases industry. When you look at the Core P5 Tempered Glass Black Edition, it is an improvement on multiple levels. Not just with looks, but with complete flexibility on build type and layout type. This is another of a long line of mid-tower computer cases, but the difference is how open it is compared to the others. It accepts a monster VGA length (288mm to 570mm depending on the reservoir) so it isn’t restrictive based on its size. If you have a premium build but want to downsize any of the tempered PC cases without sacrificing quality, then this model is the best choice.
Available colors: Black, White, Red, and Snow. It contains 5mm tempered glass with panoramic open frame design. Supports liquid cooling up to 480mm. Long three-year warranty that protects against defects. Fully accessible HDD tray outside of the chassis. Supports a PSU length of up to 200mm. Good airflow no matter how you decide to use it.
- Can be placed vertical, horizontal or wall-mounted
- Support got advanced liquid cooling setups
- One of the better see-through everything’ tempered glass PC cases
- Modular design speeds up the creation and breakdowns of the entire build
- Thick tempered glass that shows off complex RGB lighting
- One of the highest prices on the list
4. CORSAIR CRYSTAL 280X RGB
At first glance, the Corsair Crystal 280X RGB looks like a really advanced stereo speaker. Upon closer inspection, you’ll realize that this look is due to an enhanced airflow system. The 280x was designed to produce great airflow, even in cramped configurations. As the first micro-ATX case on the list, they took out the height and added it to the girth. For some builders, they may consider this ‘cheating’. But if you’ve got the space for this model, there is no denying how important it is to have a case of this size and quality. There is a lot of potential with this build, and that is something that is sorely lacking for tempered glass PC cases of this size.
Internal iCUE controller to directly interface with the Corsair software. Up to 32 RGB LEDs, all customizable from the software. Lighting Node Pro digital lighting controller included. Three panels tempered glass. Micro-ATX but extremely roomy design. Rear chamber cable management to keep everything clean. Dust filters keep everything out regardless of your placement.
- Fantastic airflow for a case of this size
- PSU dust filter is a necessary and well-placed addition
- Supports GPU length of up to 300mm
- Combination of high-quality tempered glass and steel
- Out of the box compatibility with leading Corsair branded liquid coolers
- Extremely thick, and might not be the space saver that you want
5. Cooler Master MCY-B5P2-KWGN-01 MasterBox Pro 5 RGB
The Masterbox is available in a micro-ATX or ATX case. The latter is the star of the show, and the main reason why this is a big deal on the list. Cooler Master makes AIO systems, cases CPU fans and more. They have the chops needed to make a unique design that takes care of airflow. With that in mind, the Masterbox combines great cooling with wonderful RGB effects. Both the interior and exterior look great and should accommodate different build types. The tempered glass panel on the side provides a nice look into the complex workings of any computer. Although the Masterbox looks like your standard tempered glass case, it is really a revolution in the way tempered glass PC cases are manufacture red.
RGB lighting control with a 1 to 3 splitter. Three 120mm RGB fans installed by default. The tempered glass side panel is 4mm thick. The dark mirror front panel has a nice aesthetic effect when the computer is running. Interior motherboard tray cutouts help with arranging the build. Good support for different CPU coolers.
- Thick tempered glass and great looking front glass
- Can fit up to 16.1 inches of GPU in the case
- Air cooling is simplified with the includes fans
- Liquid cooling has plenty of space for the radiator
- Hidden space near the PSU for cable management
- Black is the only color option available
6. Thermaltake V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition
Another Thermaltake model makes the list. This time it is the V200 Tempered Glass RGB Edition. At the halfway point on the list, features are becoming more ‘samey’ without an overall increase in price. But that doesn’t mean that the last five products don’t have unique features that make them stand out. The V200 comes in ATX, micro-ATX and mini-ATX sizes. If you’re not familiar with mini-ATX, then fret not. It is one of the more underrepresented sizes in the industry. For that reason alone, this is a top-three case for builders of that size. As for the other specifications? They are par for the course, but still worth checking out.
Three sync RGB fans preinstalled with the case. Headers have clear markings to help with the more complex motherboards. Dual-mode 12v sync controller with full control over the case RGB lights. Tempered glass side panel with intelligent mounting options. The Top-front panel uses a minimalist design.
- High-end case with multiple size options
- Mini-ATX case is one of a kind in the industry
- Tt LCS certified case from Thermaltake
- Included fans are so good you won’t need to replace them with higher tier fans
- A little pricey, even when going for the smaller version
7. Cooler Master MCM-H500-IGNN-S00 MasterCase
Cooler Master has made waves on the list with the H series. But the H500 specifically deserves to be mentioned in its own personal space. This is another Mastercase that tends to stand out and for good reason. There are mesh and transparent options available to accommodate builders that want protection or style. Either way, the glass side panel gives a nice view of the inside in all of its glory. The case handle is useful when transporting the computer short to medium distances. Overall, the H500 is a nice choice if you are unsure of how your final build will turn out.
Includes 200mm RGB fans with a controller. The top panel has space for a third 200mm fan. Tempered glass is a light grey tint with a moderate amount of thickness. Cables can be hidden with the font cable and PSU cover. The top panel has a magnetic filter to catch dust before it enters the system.
- Flexible design lets the builder decide how flashy they want the case to be
- Wire covers are a nice touch without being too troublesome
- Support for 200mm fans is a nice touch, and necessary for some water-cooling setups
- Handle on top of the computer supports up to 20kg in weight
- Not the strongest contender in the H series
8. CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 1000D Super-Tower Case
Leave it up to Corsair to create a case that costs more than an entire budget PC! The Obsidian 1000D is for enthusiast builds, the kind that you see on YouTube channels. Half of the advanced features, in this case, will go unused by the casual builder. Think of this case as the last one you will need for a generation (if it is well cared for). With an option for the mid-tower and hard to find super-tower, there are some interesting build choices for potential purchasers. Game enthusiasts and even professionals will find this a must buy when looking for a next-gen tempered glass PC case.
Four smoked tempered glass panels. Integrated RGB lighting in the front, top, back and side. Can fit multiple systems in a single case. Supports up to two power supplies. Handles four 480mm radiators at once. Smart lighting and fan control bring everything together under one easy to control system. Corsair Commander Pro fan and lighting controller interfaces directly with the iCue software.
- Best super-tower on the list
- Top two mid-tower on the list
- Has features that no other case on the list has
- Installation space for up to 13 fans
- Best airflow out of any tempered glass PC cases on the list
- Incredible design that makes it look like a next-generation server case
- Most expensive case on the list by a mile
9. LIAN LI PC-O11 Dynamic Razer Edition Black Tempered Glass
Every now and then you will hear about a random person singing the praises of LIAN. This makes sense considering they are one of the largest manufacturers of tempered glass computer cases in the world. Although they lack the name punch of Cooler Master or Corsair, there is no denying their permanent place in the industry. The PC-011 has a familiar look since it was designed by Razer. It features their signature logo and comes packed with plenty of goodies to celebrate this crossover. Buyers that want an outlier on the list need to look no further.
Available colors are Black, White and Silver. The major crossover between two notable companies in the industry. Award-winning tempered glass computer cases from multiple computer publications. Complete compatibility with Razer Synapse 3. Three controllable RGB light strips on the chassis. Uses glass and aluminum for lighter weight without sacrificing durability.
- Clean, simple and elegant look
- USB 3.1 Type-C support
- Top/bottom/side radiator housing options
- Dual PSU destinations within the interior
- Built for advanced water-cooling setups
- A bit nitpicky, but not every builder will want to sport the Razer logo on the front of their tempered glass computer cases
10. Thermaltake Tower 900 Black Edition Tempered Glass
Design meets functionality with the Thermaltake Tower 900 Black Edition. Count this as another big-time collaboration in the industry, but of a different kind. Thermaltake and Watermod France combined to create a gaming tower that looks unlike anything else created in the industry. Some may even consider it what the final design of a time machine would look like! Beyond the great aesthetics, it is an incredibly useful computer case with a lot of extended functionalities. If you like the design, then you’ll love what this case can do for your system.
Modular, and can be dismantled quite easily. Supports up to E-ATX motherboard sizes. Handles multi-GPU configurations with a length of 400mm. Removable device rack gives users server like hot-swapping functionality. Case setup allows for one of a kind cooling designs- highly flexible. Huge support list for some of the larger radiators in the industry.
- Probably the best-designed tempered PC case on the list
- Popular in the ESPORTS scene
- Vertical mounting design is smart and may influence future models
- Most expansive cooling options you can get with tempered glass computer cases
- 5mm thick tempered glass
- Provides the ultimate view of what goes on inside your tempered glass computer cases
- Only two color options available (Black or White)
Any of the choices above will give you a system set up that should last for years. A good computer case can decide how your build officially turns out. Go with what works, and what looks the best for your own personal needs.